A True Temescal Treasure...
Warm vintage craftsman with character and endless possibilities!
The gorgeous formal rooms are filled with timeless details including classic built-ins, unique vintage lighting fixtures and wood floors throughout, plus an updated eat-in kitchen and remodeled hall bathroom. A detached double car garage perfect for enjoying hobbies, creating the perfect workout room or ever popular "man-cave" or "lady lair". Perhaps you have been dreaming of an ADU? A beautiful and peaceful patio and deck is an enjoyable respite from the bustling Oakland neighborhoods; both Temescal and Rockridge shops and transport just a stones throw from your front door. 462 43rd Street is a very special place to call home!
Here's the scoop.....
* Enter into a spacious entryway which leads to an inviting formal living room with a wood burning fireplace, flanked by built-ins including the signature bungalow built-in desk, recessed ceilings and original sconces. It flows perfectly into the formal dining room.
* Step into the formal dining room through the unique oval archway with decorative built-in candlestick lighting. An extremely gracious room, generously ample in size and a wonderful room for hosting holiday meals or large dinner parties. Additional built-ins cabinets for your treasured collectables to display.
* Kitchen - super spacious and comfortable for numerous chefs creating the perfect meal! Recent environmentally friendly updates include Richlite countertops, maple shaker cabinets, marmoleum floors and recessed LED lighting. Designed to be the social centerpiece with seating at a convenient peninsula for morning coffee or an early dinner glass of wine while keeping company with the chef. There's even a flat screen TV so you never miss the winning touchdown while hosting a Super Bowl party. The kitchen also offers access to the rear yard for those summertime BBQ's.
* Bathroom off hallway is stylishly renovated with a shower over tub and glass doors, Grohe fixtures, under vanity lighting and attractive art deco sconces.
* Three sizable bedrooms all on one level and off the hallway. All boast refinished wood floors and fresh paint with generously sized closets.
* Laundry room with stackable washer and dryer plus added storage and folding counter.
* Basement with interior or exterior access offers endless possibilities!! It extends the full length of the home and includes two finished rooms and a second bathroom. Perfect for rumpus room, guest space and artist studio with 220 amp service....fire up the kiln.
Outdoor Escape Sunny rear deck and flagstone patio anchored by giant cacti and numerous succulents offers the ideal setting to relax and unwind. You'll also find a double car garage - the perfect place to tinker, create or make your own personal space - perhaps a home gym or art studio? Dreaming of an ADU? Development possibilities are endless.
Neighborhood Centrally located and very convenient to popular Temescal shops and dining. There is something for everyone...coffee afficiandos can get a quick fix at numerous establishments but the neighborhood favorite, Subrosa serves a strong cup of joe. Weekly farmers market, Homeroom, Burma Superstar and the forever popular Bakesale Betty's just a short stroll away. Get your stretching in and your mind cleared at Flying Yoga located at the end of the block. Commuters will love easy access to BART, freeways, casual carpool and bike share. The list is endless with a Walkscore of 88!
Uniquely Temescal * Temescal Street Flicks held in late summer * Bites off Broadway * Taste of Temescal held in March * First Friday's Art Stroll at Alley 49 * Temescal Pool * Studio One * Temescal Street Fair held in June
**Buyers advised to check with the city of Oakland regarding building potential.
Exclusively Listed By